Lab Technician Cover Letter
Lab Technicians are in charge for providing technical support in a laboratory – tasks these professionals complete are testing, sampling, measuring, maintaining records, and performing analysis. Other duties of a Lab Technician are supporting scientific investigations, preparing samples and specimens, operating and maintaining equipment, replenishing stocks, adhering to safety procedures, performing research, and updating their knowledge of technical developments.
A successful sample cover letter should highlight the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of practical techniques
- Outstanding attention to details
- Analytical thinking
- Organization and planning
- Independence and being able to work as part of a team
- Effective communication
- Excellent eye-hand coordination
- Computer competences
Similar Lab Technician assets are included in the example cover letter available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Lab Technician Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Penn:
Upon review of your posting for a Lab Technician, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a skilled laboratory technologist with more than thirteen years of experience conducting chemical and biological testing, performing quality control, participating in research processes, and overseeing lab operations, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your company.
Preparing laboratory samples for various scientific-based experiments—along with calibrating/verifying equipment and ensuring regulatory compliance—define my career accomplishments. My comprehensive expertise in a wide variety of testing procedures and equipment positions me ready to vitally impact laboratory management and performance at Kilo Medical.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Successfully performing radiopharmaceutical, HPLC, TLC, Sterility, and Pyrogen tests; coordinating the use and disposal of more than 465 chemicals for the AGI Center, Children’s Hospital of Fort Lewis.
- Extracting and purifying DNA/RNA and protein samples from biological tissue samples to facilitate the detection of biomarkers in liver cancer.
- Directing the daily functions of a healthy operating lab, including staff training, supply orders, and cross-departmental communication for superior laboratory success.
- Maintaining detailed and thorough documentation on all testing and corresponding results.
With my acute knowledge of laboratory operations and my expertise in performing quality control procedures, I am ready to extend my record of success with your organization. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Peter J. Santiago