Lab Technician Cover Letter
Lab Technicians are in charge for providing technical support in a laboratory – tasks these professionals complete are testing, sampling, measuring, maintaining records, and performing analysis. Other duties of a Lab Technician are supporting scientific investigations, preparing samples and specimens, operating and maintaining equipment, replenishing stocks, adhering to safety procedures, performing research, and updating their knowledge of technical developments.
A successful sample cover letter should highlight the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of practical techniques
- Outstanding attention to details
- Analytical thinking
- Organization and planning
- Independence and being able to work as part of a team
- Effective communication
- Excellent eye-hand coordination
- Computer competences
Similar Lab Technician assets are included in the example cover letter available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Lab Technician Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Penn:
Upon review of your posting for a Lab Technician, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a skilled laboratory technologist with more than thirteen years of experience conducting chemical and biological testing, performing quality control, participating in research processes, and overseeing lab operations, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your company.
Preparing laboratory samples for various scientific-based experiments—along with calibrating/verifying equipment and ensuring regulatory compliance—define my career accomplishments. My comprehensive expertise in a wide variety of testing procedures and equipment positions me ready to vitally impact laboratory management and performance at Kilo Medical.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Successfully performing radiopharmaceutical, HPLC, TLC, Sterility, and Pyrogen tests; coordinating the use and disposal of more than 465 chemicals for the AGI Center, Children’s Hospital of Fort Lewis.
- Extracting and purifying DNA/RNA and protein samples from biological tissue samples to facilitate the detection of biomarkers in liver cancer.
- Directing the daily functions of a healthy operating lab, including staff training, supply orders, and cross-departmental communication for superior laboratory success.
- Maintaining detailed and thorough documentation on all testing and corresponding results.
With my acute knowledge of laboratory operations and my expertise in performing quality control procedures, I am ready to extend my record of success with your organization. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Peter J. Santiago