Lab Tech Cover Letter
Lab Techs provide support to scientists by handling basic processes in a laboratory so they have time to focus on more complex analytical work. For instance, these employees perform tasks such as preparing samples and specimens, maintaining lab equipment, recording and interpreting results, ordering lab supplies, updating their knowledge of technical developments, adhering to lab procedures, supporting scientific procedures, planning experiments and trials, and supervising junior staff.
A well-written cover letter for Lab Tech should focus on the following job requirements:
- Studies in fields such as chemistry, biology, forensic science, biotechnology, or pharmacology
- Practical skills and good eye-hand coordination
- Knowing how to maintain and calibrate technical equipment
- Oral and verbal communication abilities
- Reporting skills
- Meticulous attention to details
- Computer competences
Below is provided a sample cover letter showcasing similar Lab Tech abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Lab Tech Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Brackett:
Upon review of your posting for a skilled Lab Tech, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As a dedicated and analytical professional with five years of experience conducting biological sample collection, examination, and testing, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your facility in this role.
Compiling and preparing laboratory samples for various scientific-based experiments—along with calibrating/verifying equipment and ensuring regulatory compliance—define my career accomplishments. My comprehensive abilities in a wide variety of lab procedures and equipment positions me ready to vitally impact laboratory operations and performance at JNS Ecology Research. Furthermore, my dual degrees in Ecology and Medical Laboratory Technology acquired from Tennessee State College is sure to render me an immediate asset to your team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Collecting specimens, setting up and reporting tests, gathering and mapping data, and documenting test results as a Technician for Wildkin Laboratories in San Diego.
- Gathering field samples of mosquitoes utilizing various methods, and identifying mosquito larvae and adults to species with a dichotomous key.
- Selected to lead a deer tick population monitoring project by trapping small mammals and removing ticks.
- Performing day-to-day functions of a healthy operating lab, including staff collaboration, supply orders, quality assurance, and cross-functional communication.
- Maintaining detailed and thorough documentation on all testing and corresponding results.
With my strong knowledge of laboratory operations and my expertise in performing testing and quality control procedures, I am ready to extend my record of success with JNS Ecology Research. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Kelly D. Slater