Kitchen Helper Cover Letter
Kitchen Helpers complete routine tasks to ensure the smooth running of operations in a kitchen. Examples of Kitchen Helper activities include cleaning spills, unloading food and supply shipments, discarding trash, assisting cooks, cutting vegetables, slicing meat, brewing coffee, preparing cold foods, adhering to food hygiene standards, refrigerating food, placing food on the plates for patrons, operating the cash register, and reporting to managers.
Successful cover letter samples for Kitchen Helpers usually mention the following skills and abilities:
- Cooking skills
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Stamina and physical fitness
- Availability for work in shifts
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Attention to safety
- Detail orientation
- Good numeracy skills
Beneath is provided an example cover letter for Kitchen Helper highlighting similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Kitchen Helper Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Parnell:
In my search for a new position that supports my skills and physical abilities, I discovered the posting for a Kitchen Helper at Waves Fine Dining and was eager to submit my resume for your review. With my excellent collaboration and time management abilities, I am sure that I would make a positive impact on your restaurant in this capacity.
My background includes three years of experience supporting general kitchen operations with Marina Bar & Grill in Santa Monica. With my dedication to keeping restaurant kitchens clean and sanitary, along with my acquired skills in food preparation and inventory maintenance, my qualifications prepare me to excel in this position. In addition, my communication and organization abilities as well as my reliable attendance record will certainly make me a strong contributor to your kitchen team.
Consider the following skills that I offer:
- Loading and unloading a 20-ft. conveyor dishwasher while demonstrating physical stamina and dexterity.
- Working collaboratively with a 6-member kitchen team to maintain order and cleanliness.
- Stocking ingredients and supplies, cleaning stations after each day’s shift, scrubbing floors, washing utensils, and preparing basic ingredients for cook.
- Maintaining a friendly atmosphere with chefs, servers, and kitchen coworkers.
With my enthusiasm and rock-solid work ethic, I am confident that I would quickly exceed your expectations and benefit your busy restaurant’s kitchen operations. I look forward to discussing this position in more detail.
Thank you very much, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Fred D. Alvarez