Kindergarten Assistant Cover Letter
Kindergarten assistants support lead teachers in a wide variety of tasks to ensure organized, creative, and engaging classrooms for children aged 5 to 6. Common work responsibilities include assisting with lesson planning, selecting daily activities, observing and monitoring students, and providing general administrative support to teachers. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills are beneficial to success in this position, as are high levels of patience and compassion. The ability to connect quickly and personably with young children is also necessary.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Lesson planning and curriculum development
- Classroom management
- Student observations
- Individualized learning needs
- Student records management
- Activity setup and cleanup
- Educational standards and guidelines
- Student and parent relationships
- Copying, filing, and correspondence
- Daily routines, consistency, and structure
- Positive discipline and reinforcement
Below please find a sample cover letter for a kindergarten assistant including comparable skills, experience, and qualifications.
Dear Ms. McGhee:
As a skilled and enthusiastic emerging teacher with experience supporting the development of lesson plans and helping to manage kindergarten classrooms, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for early childhood education positions me to significantly impact your school as your next kindergarten assistant.
I bring to the table excellent experience in teacher support, classroom management, personalized learning programs, and student relationship building. These skills, and others, were acquired in my most recent practicum experience working with kindergarten classes at McIntosh Elementary. Through this experience, I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills. Furthermore, my inherent passion for fostering collaborative and exciting educational environments is certain to make a substantial and positive impact on your school.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Working collaboratively with lead kindergarten teachers to implement curricula, develop daily activities and schedules, adhere to mandated guidelines and standards, and engage each student in accordance with his or her individual needs
- Observing students’ academic, social, emotional, and physical behaviors and development, discussing with teachers and parents as appropriate
- Selecting and setting up activities and materials, preparing snacks, comforting children experiencing distress or discomfort, and maintaining a clean and orderly classroom environment
- Interacting effectively with a variety of outside service providers and paraprofessionals – including Head Start teachers, behavioral specialists, and speech therapists – to ensure optimal student progress and overall kindergarten experience
- Preparing to achieve a master’s degree in childhood education with honors in May 2018
- Demonstrating superior leadership, empathy, and organization talents
With my experience and enthusiasm, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your school and exceed your expectations as your next kindergarten assistant. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Eleanor S. Manley