Key Account Manager Cover Letter
Key Account Managers coordinate the relationship a company has with its most important clients. In order to perform this job suitably, candidates should be able to attract repeat business and maximize sales opportunities. Essential responsibilities of a Key Account Manager are: managing major client portfolios, understanding customer needs, finding ways to improve relationship with clients, solving issues raised by customers, maintaining communication channels, making sure that the right products and services are delivered, and generating progress reports.
Based on our collection of example cover letters for Key Account Manager, employers look for candidates with the following abilities:
- Selling skills
- Business acumen
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Problem-solving skills and creativity
- Organizational skills
- Computer competences
The sample Key Account Managers cover letter below highlights comparable qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Key Account Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Coates:
Delivering dynamic presentations, liaising with cross-functional internal teams, and cultivating strong customer relationships are all essential components for a successful account manager. As an award-winning executive with more than 13 years of such experience, I am confident that I would vitally contribute to the success of your company as your next Key Account Manager.
My background consists of numerous achievements in the world of sales and marketing. From prospecting new clients and developing markets to analyzing account activities and coaching and managing teams, I excel at directing all aspects of account management while continually generating new business opportunities. Furthermore, I have regularly been selected over my peers to service large-scale, top-generating corporate accounts in recognition of my outstanding customer service and relationship management talents.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Leveraging outstanding account management and client relationship skills to drive enhanced sales and revenue development in account management roles with Seagull Ltd., Violet Publications, and Fresh Look.
- Consistently ranking at the top level of account executives in performance and goal attainment; increasing business with existing accounts by up to 48%.
- Achieving multimillion-dollar revenue growth and earning numerous awards as well as a promotion to Key Account Manager in 2011 with Violet Publications.
- Recruiting and training successful account teams to generate expanded account services and increased customer satisfaction.
- Utilizing finely honed communication and presentation skills to capture interest and facilitate sales expansion.
With a proven history of skillfully handling major corporate accounts while outperform corporate goals and boosting revenues, I am poised to extend my record of exceptional achievement to your organization. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Joy M. Thompson