Kennel Attendant Cover Letter
Kennel Attendants provide direct care and support to animals typically living in shelters. Their work responsibilities span a full range of direct care tasks, including feeding, watering, grooming, exercising, bathing and medicating. Additionally, they are responsible for cleaning, maintaining and sanitizing kennels to ensure animal health and wellbeing. An empathic nature and a love of animals are beneficial in this role.
Successful cover letters for Kennel Attendants often mention the following types of skills and experience:
- Providing water and food
- Bathing and grooming animals
- Administering medications/treatments
- Cleaning and sanitizing kennels
- Walking and exercising animals
- Animal relationship building
- Adoption coordination assistance
- Team collaboration
- Data recording/entry
- Administrative support
A sample cover letter follows below, detailing relevant abilities and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Kennel Attendant Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Irwin:
I am writing in response to your posting for a Kennel Attendant to join your team at Ruff Day. With six years of support experience in dog boarding and shelter facilities, complemented with solid communication and time management skills, I am highly prepared to make a significant impact on your organization in this role.
My background spans excellent experience performing comprehensive tasks to meet the needs and requirements of animals residing in shelters, maximizing their comfort, safety, and wellbeing. With my proven abilities in animal care and support, medical assistance, and customer service, along with my demonstrated love for animals, I am well prepared to positively contribute to your team at Ruff Day.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Providing essential daily care and services for animals living in shelters prior to adoption; performing responsibilities including animal feeding/watering, walking and exercising, grooming, medication administration and kennel cleaning and sanitization.
- Working with animals previously in abusive and/or traumatic situations, working to build trust and offering individualized attention according to each animal’s unique background and needs.
- Monitoring food and water intake, animal health and behavior, waste production and other issues and/or areas of concern.
- Assisting with front desk support, answering phones, entering kennel records into databases, and interacting directly and professionally with the public.
My skills in animal care and kennel support, along with my positive attitude and work ethic, prepare me to excel in this role. The opportunity to offer more insight into my qualifications would be welcome. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Allison B. Franklin