Junior Trader Cover Letter
Junior Traders are entry-level professionals working for brokerage firms and hedge fund companies. Their main role is assisting senior traders with everyday activities. Work duties specific for this role include trading small accounts, taking financial advice from senior traders, attending meetings, completing clerical duties, handling correspondence, improving their knowledge of training strategies, investing in securities, emailing clients, and tracking news from companies they have invested in.
A well-written example cover letter should focus on the following Junior Trader abilities:
- Trading expertise and knowledge of stock markets
- Being able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to follow instructions and to learn fast.
- Attention to details
- Effective communication
- Computer proficiency
Beneath is displayed a cover letter sample for Junior Trader demonstrating relevant skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Junior Trader Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Deleon:
As an accomplished and successful professional with four years of excellent experience strategically trading diverse financial products while building lasting client relationships, I am well prepared to surpass your expectations. With this in mind, I invite Patronelli Investments to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill the Junior Trader role.
Throughout my professional background, I have gained expertise in identifying business opportunities, following and analyzing industry trends, and leveraging a deep understanding of financial markets to drive account and trading success. My demonstrated record of developing and maintaining beneficial broker relationships—along with my outstanding analytical and communication skills—positions me to make a significant and positive impact on your firm.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Successfully coordinating best execution practices, transaction monitoring and analysis, regulatory compliance, and client communications to realize peak financial performance and maximum client satisfaction.
- Demonstrating expertise in funds across asset classes, including equities, convertible bonds, mandatory preferreds, ETFs, futures, and programs.
- Playing a key role in growing the desk at Canon Financial Group from 4 hedge funds to 14, nearly doubling market share to 19%.
- Significantly contributing to desk profitability by adding $3.8M in revenue through a broader offering of execution services to new and existing clients.
- Selected to represent Canon Financial Group on global weekly calls with all emerging-markets traders, managers, and analysts.
- Leveraging keen financial expertise and market industry analysis to forge solid relationships and build a lasting and trusting broker base.
- Demonstrating proficiency in various OMS platforms, ECNs, algorithmic applications, and analytical tools.
With my background in driving astute financial trades, combined with my superior time management abilities and my talent for excelling under pressure, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your firm. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
George R. Phillips