Junior Java Developer Cover Letter
Junior Java Developers are lower level programmers, and use the Java programming language to develop web pages and applications. Typical work activities include conversing with stakeholders to determine the goals of a given application or website function, writing code for applications and website functions using languages, such as Java/J2EE, CGI-Python, XML/XHTML and C++, testing applications and website functions to ensure functionality, analyzing and fixing code to remedy any bugs and meeting with stakeholders for progress updates and feedback.
The following is a list of the skills and qualifications typically found on most Junior Java Developer cover letters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Independent Java certification
- Proficiency in programming languages such as CGI-Python, C++, XML/XHTML and Java/J2EE
- Between 3 and five years of Java Development experience
- Detail orientated
- Analytical skills
- Logic and reasoning skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
Below is a sample Junior Java Developer cover letter that exhibits some of those qualifications and skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Junior Java Developer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Belmar,
I have recently learned of your search for a Junior Java Developer, and I have been inspired to submit my resume for consideration. As a Junior Java Developer with three years of experience writing code for applications and websites using Java and other programming languages, I am positive I have the knowledge necessary to succeed in your organization.
My professional experience includes working with clients at Starlin Solutions to use my programming acumen to help them develop applications and web programs. I believe my experience will allow me to be an asset to Blane Solutions.
The following is a list of my most relevant qualifications and accomplishments.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from Freemont Technical Institute
- Three years of experience as a Junior Java Developer for Starlin Solutions
- Expertise in programming languages such as Java/J2EE, C++ and XML/XHTML
- Played integral role in developing and testing various applications and website functions for clients
I love the world of programming and stay current on industry trends. I also love working with a small team to solve programming problems. I think these qualities, coupled with my qualifications, make me a great fit for your organization. Contact me at your earliest convenience if you would like to schedule an interview. Thank you for your consideration.
Elizabeth J. Thomas