Junior Graphic Designer Cover Letter
Junior Graphic Designers are entry-level employees or interns who complete graphic design duties with close surveillance and mentorship from senior staff. Typical work activities of a Junior Graphic Designer are assisting to client meetings, working on briefs agreed by clients, choosing appropriate media and style, discussing business objectives, producing new ideas and concepts, presenting finalized concepts to supervisors, making rough sketches, collaborating with copywriters and other professionals, and completing other tasks as assigned by managers.
Employers select cover letters displaying the following job skills and abilities:
- Training and experience in graphic design
- Artistic talent and creativity
- Drawing skills
- Knowledge of relevant software
- A good understanding of client requirements
- A willingness to learn new things
- Being open to constructive criticism
- Time management
- Work prioritization
Similar skills and experience can be seen in the example cover letter provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Junior Graphic Designer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Wiley:
A strong technical skill set, a robust work ethic, and productive team collaboration are all essential components to success in creative design. With a recently obtained degree in Graphic Design coupled with my hands-on experience in graphic communications, I am positioned to make a significant impact within your organization as your next Junior Graphic Designer.
My background includes solid internship experience producing marketing and promotional collateral, designing page layouts, producing and updating websites, and performing photo image modifications. With proficiency in a broad range of design software applications—along with my ability to collaborate effectively with clients, peers, and management teams—I am confident that my talents and abilities will significantly benefit Akisa Design in this role.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Contributing to the evolution and success of diverse design projects, such as poster and brochure layout, website updates, photo editing, and logo creation; altering and/or converting graphic elements into correct formats for each project.
- Researching, assisting, and presenting new ideas for a variety of creative marketing campaigns.
- Communicating consistently with clients, discussing their specific design goals, presenting unique visual solutions, and modifying as necessary until achievement of full client approval and consensus.
- Earning a Bachelor of Arts Graphic Design from St. Louis University in 2016.
- Demonstrating proficiency in all Adobe programs and the comprehensive Microsoft Office Suite.
With my capability of tackling and completing challenging graphic design projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch quality and production, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding services to your company. I look forward to discussing the position in detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Stephanie H. Alley