Junior Developer Cover Letter
Junior developers work with senior developers to create and improve company websites. Common responsibilities for this position include developing and maintaining back-end VoIP server applications using Java networking and multithread technology; designing and continually integrating new features to the existing system in an agile environment; and writing unit and integration test cases to guarantee software quality.
The following is a list of the skills and qualifications typically found on most junior developer cover letters:
- Programming proficiency in Python, C++, XML/XHTML, and Java
- Web development
- Team collaboration
- Attention to detail
- Time management
Below is a sample junior developer cover letter that exhibits some of these qualifications and skills.
Dear Mr. Ludlow:
My professional and educational experience includes designing and crafting code for various web functions and then testing the resulting code to meet client needs. I also have experience operating in a collaborative environment and working with a variety of clients to meet their development needs.
Here are further highlights of my qualifications and professional achievements:
- Experienced using HTML5 and CSS3 to code a variety of web functions for different clients
- Designed and developed web pages for college clubs’ websites and intranet
- Changed existing site pages and built new pages and graphics; provided animation and flash presentations
- Developed, updated, and maintained Makerston Brewery’s website
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Carlton College
My passion for designing useful and appealing websites to meet user needs is what drives me to pursue a career at your company. What I lack in long-term professional experience, I make up for with my eye for design and user-driven approach to development. If you think I’d be a good fit for Lysix Digital Solutions, then please reach out to set up an interview at your earliest convenience.
Noel D. Dyches