Journeyman Electrician Cover Letter
A Journeyman Electrician is an electrician who has completed advanced training and who has acquired a certain skill set in their trade. Essential job duties of a Journeyman Electrician include troubleshooting electrical problems, installing various wiring and other types of electrical components, maintaining electrical systems, reading blueprints and schematics and using a number of different manual and electronic tools.
Journeyman Electricians often mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in electrical systems or completion of an electrical-related course of study
- Knowledge and experience in installing electrical systems, electrical outlets, lighting, sound systems and circuit breakers
- Great communication skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the various tools used to install, test and repair electrical systems
- Good customer service skills
The cover letter below demonstrates similar skills and qualifications.
Dear Mr. Honeycut:
When I learned of your search for a new Journeyman Electrician, I was eager to submit the enclosed resume. As a skilled electrician with education and training in servicing, repairing, and maintaining electrical equipment, as well as experience managing a team of electricians, I am confident that I can put my hands-on experience to work in contributing to the success of Warberger’s.
My formal training in electrical systems and equipment coupled with my extensive experience in electrical systems is certain to render me an asset to your business. With real-world experience in installing, inspecting, and repairing electrical circuits, equipment, and devices to ensure full operational readiness—complemented by my outstanding customer service skills and management abilities—I am poised to excel as a Journeyman Electrician at Warberger’s.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualifications for this position:
- Completed rigorous formal training in electrical systems at Chatham Technical College, and completed full certification as an electrician.
- Served as a journeyman electrician at a commercial construction facility performing a wide range of electrician duties.
- Effectively led a crew of five men organizing job duties and responsibilities and completing the project successfully and on time.
- Installed, maintained and repaired variable frequency drives, boiler controls and general electromechanical systems and equipment.
- Developed an expertise in preventative maintenance programs and troubleshooting.
- Performed maintenance duty on screw conveyors, boilers, pumps, wastewater operations and commercial injection systems.
With my training and experience in electrical system support, service, and management, I am well prepared to support your business and be a valuable asset at Warberger’s. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this position with you further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Kevin G. Stein