Journalist Cover Letter
Journalists write news stories for various media such as newspapers, magazines, journals, radio, and television. Typical tasks these employees complete include: reading press releases, performing research, interviewing people, taking part in events, verifying facts, writing and editing, and attending press conferences. In order to provide audiences with captivating news, Journalists need to establish and maintain a network of contacts. Another vital aspect for this job is being aware of privacy regulations and defamation law.
Qualifications usually seen in a Journalist sample cover letter include:
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Integrity and work ethics
- Enthusiasm and self-confidence
- Perseverance and stamina
- Networking and persuasion
- People skills
- Computer competences
- An interest in current affairs
Beneath is visible an example cover letter for Journalist highlighting similar skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Journalist Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Holland:
Upon review of your posting for a Journalist, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a dedicated professional with more than nine years of experience covering news and current events, I am confident that I could outperform your expectations for this role.
My background lies in researching and pursuing stories, writing copy, unfailingly meeting all deadlines, and producing energizing content that can induce audience attention and invigorate participation and interest in current affairs. From conducting interviews and taking meticulous notes to performing deep research and developing an extensive contact base, I excel at facilitating comprehensive and engaging information delivery.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Strategizing and writing effective, stimulating copy for radio, print, online, and television while fact-checking all sources and evaluating audience feedback to ensure optimal listener / viewer experiences.
- Maintaining a first-rate level of knowledge and expertise in news topics, current events, and cultural / global affairs.
- Traveling on assignment to both domestic and international locations and performing interviews with individuals from a wide array of cultures and backgrounds to develop and propel story ideas.
- Excelling in fact-paced, deadline-driven, and independent environments.
With my proven experience in spearheading the composition and delivery of news and information—along with my tireless devotion to encouraging public involvement in cultural and political issues—I am positioned to significantly contribute to your organization. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Robert M. Henderson