Java Programmer Cover Letter
Java programmers use the Java programming language to develop business and web applications. Some of their job tasks include identifying opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of Java-developed projects; designing, implementing, and maintaining Java application phases; and providing technical support and consultation for Java application and infrastructure questions.
Employers look for many of the following skills and qualifications when reading Java programmer cover letters:
- Proficiency in Java
- Knowledge of code libraries
- Proficiency using CASE tools
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Team collaboration
Check out the sample cover letter below to get an idea of how to incorporate these requirements into an impressive Java programmer cover letter.
Dear Mr. Gershwin:
I am submitting my resume for the open Java programmer position at PsyTech. As a skilled and highly educated professional with five years of experience creating various software products, I am confident in my ability to make a significant contribution at your organization.
With my educational background and strong technical experience, I am in an excellent position to impact performance at PsyTech. My five years of professional experience in Java programming includes programming new applications as well as maintenance work, customer service and support, problem isolation and analysis, application and requirement analysis, and process improvement.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Served as a core team member for the design and delivery of several systems projects, including an information management system and a department store management system
- Modernized a legacy desktop-based system by upgrading to a web-based application
- Introduced a fully new departmental system through Java web programming
- Experienced with software and system development using JSP, Servlet, Java Server Face, Struts, Maven, Trac, Subversion, and SQL
- Rich experience with database design and hands-on experience with large database systems, including Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i, DB2, PL, and SQL
- Earned a master’s degree in information systems management from the University of Texas
My experience developing high-quality Java programming solutions, along with my highly developed creativity and customer service skills, will allow me to help expand the success of PsyTech. I look forward to discussing this position and my qualifications with you in the near future.
Thank you for your consideration.
Mabel T. Waters