IT Teacher Cover Letter
IT teachers instruct students of varying skills levels and proficiencies in the usage of diverse hardware and software. These teachers can work anywhere, including middle schools, colleges, and even in the professional sector. Their responsibilities are similar to those of any other teacher, including planning lessons and activities, delivering assignments, and evaluating and grading performances. They are often called upon to also serve as IT specialists in the organization within which they work, helping to upgrade IT systems and troubleshooting and repairing technical issues.
Strong contenders for IT teacher positions present cover letters reflecting the following skills and attributes:
- Individualized assignments and activities
- Class setup, preparation, and management
- Curriculum development
- Equipment and system preparation and maintenance
- Technological implementation
- Instructional materials and procedures
- Problem-solving and issue resolution
- Teacher and staff training
- Student relations
Below you will find a cover letter for an IT teacher with similar abilities and qualifications.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Sargent:
Upon consideration of your posting for an IT teacher, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced technology professional and instructor with comprehensive experience developing teaching materials and leading IT classes for both high school and college students, I am confident that I would significantly contribute to the success of your school’s objectives.
My background lies in designing, developing, and implementing teaching materials and programs to facilitate student education and enhance technical knowledge and skills. With my ability to communicate with and instruct students of varying capabilities and skill levels, I excel at delivering powerful learning tools while effectively driving class modifications and programs to better meet student needs.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Excelling as an IT instructor with DePaul Community College for the past six years, teaching students in the use of various hardware and software, including MS Office Suite, Access, SQL, Adobe Creative Suite, and social media channels; previous IT teaching experience with Milwaukee’s Mainline High School
- Developing and preparing lesson plans, grading performances and assignments, and continually adapting curriculum to students’ evolving needs
- Setting up equipment for students’ use prior to class, troubleshooting and repairing any issues beforehand to streamline classes and maximize efficiency
- Utilizing in-depth technical, product, and system knowledge to facilitate student comprehension and provide consistently superior user support
- Working with IT departments to identify potential upgrades and update school hardware and software appropriately
- Holding a bachelor of science in IT management from the University of Wisconsin, as well as numerous professional certifications spanning a range of technical programs
With my proven track record of creating efficient and thorough educational materials while evaluating student needs and teaching dynamic and informative IT classes, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role and substantially benefit your school. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Sean T. Rodriguez