IT Support Cover Letter
IT Support staff are in charge with maintaining an organization’s computer systems. The correct running of IT systems is vital in business operations nowadays, so these experts are highly-regarded in any company. Examples of IT Support duties are installing computer hardware and programs, making sure networks are in good working order, assisting clients with issues, diagnosing and solving technical problems, setting up user accounts, solving password problems, responding to breakdowns, and running scheduled maintenance sessions.
Those interested in an IT Support position should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Information technology expertise
- Troubleshooting skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Good listening skills
- Customer service orientation
- Effective communication
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer proficiency
- Time management
Just beneath can be seen a cover letter example for IT Support showcasing similar abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Support Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Copeland:
When I heard of your need for a technically skilled and service-oriented professional to join your IT Support team, I was eager to send you my resume for your review. With 5+ years of experience in user support, system administration, and network management—combined with my demonstrated strengths in team collaboration and problem solving—I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization in this capacity.
With a broad range of computer and system proficiencies, my solid technical aptitude as well as my strong analytical abilities position me ready to thrive in this challenging role. With a strong focus on ensuring optimal user service and support, I excel at resolving technical problems, troubleshooting network connectivity issues, and maintaining computer equipment. Additionally, my current experience in IT administration and help desk support for the Westover County Administration office has provided me with core strengths in technical needs analysis, server/network administration, and general IT support.
Highlights of my background and qualifications include the following:
- Troubleshooting PCs, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices on a day-to-day basis to identify and swiftly resolve software/hardware issues and mitigate downtime.
- Imaging/configuring, deploying, testing, maintaining, and fully supporting computer workstations and peripherals, laptops, printers, smartphones, and A/V equipment.
- Instrumental in migrating 2,000+ users from Microsoft Exchange 2003 to Microsoft Office365 environment, providing technical support and issue resolution via multiple remote assistance platforms.
- Creating and deleting user accounts, setting and changes passwords, and using Remote Desktop to connect into external servers.
- Keen aptitude for technology programs and solutions; proficient in a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Visual Basic, Dreamweaver, and PL/SQL.
- Obtaining an Associate’s degree in Network Administration from the San Luis Obispo Technological Institute.
With my experience in comprehensive IT and user support, I am confident that I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Alan L. Collins