IT Specialist Cover Letter
IT Specialists assist companies with constructing and managing their internal networks, as well as protecting said networks from security threats. Typical IT Specialist work activities include regularly assessing infrastructure to assure quality standards, managing the day-to-day operations of the IT department, developing new procedures and strategies to increase efficiency, protecting proprietary data through regular security updates and presenting IT key performance indicators to non-technical stakeholders.
Our database of IT Specialist sample cover letters showcase the following skills and qualifications most frequently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field
- Computer network acumen
- IT knowledge
- Ability to perform multiple IT roles
- Ability to supervise others
- Logic and reasoning
- Complex problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
The IT Specialist sample cover letter below showcases most of these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Specialist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Clothier,
I am writing to apply for the position of IT Specialist. My Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and four years of experience constructing, managing, and improving computer networks makes me a solid candidate for your organization.
My professional experience includes developing and managing the day-to-day operations of the internal network at Grey Technologies. I am certified in several IT languages, including Ruby and Perl C++. I think I can be a great asset at Silver Technologies with my education and set of skills.
Here are my most relevant skills and accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from Stanford University
- Developed and implemented infrastructure inspection plan to assure network quality
- Installed and hardwired hardware and infrastructure upgrades
- Performed regular network security checks and updates
- Analyzed network KPIs and regularly presented findings to non-technical stakeholders
Surely you’ll come across candidates with similar qualifications, but I think what sets me apart is my adaptability. I pride myself on being able to wear many IT hats and using my skills to meet the ever-changing needs of the organization. If you are interested in learning more about how I can be an asset to Silver Technologies, then I’d be happy to schedule an interview. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Ben M. Groth