IT Project Manager Cover Letter
IT Project Managers plan, budget, oversee, and document all aspects of the specific project on which they and their team are working. IT Project Managers can either work by themselves or be in charge of a team tasked with getting the job done in an efficient and timely fashion.
A cover letter is an important part of the application process because it provides, in letter form, a succinct description of all of your achievements thus far and allows your future employer to know why you, above all other candidates, are perfect for the job.
Job descriptions for IT Project Managers relay responsibilities like:
- Working cross-functionally with business teams in order to deliver successful projects on time and with quality results
- Analyzing data elements, mappings, rules, and gaps within existing processes in an effort to identify the root cause of issues
- Overseeing materials and product logistics and distribution, including shipping and receiving
- Coordinating and leading shared resources and contractors (on-shore and offshore) on multiple business projects
A sample cover letter for an IT Project Manager which effectively captures the skills and experience necessary for someone applying for this position to have appears below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive IT Project Manager resume samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Patrick George:
With a proven background in Program/Project Management leading technical and administrative management for end to end IT services, I have delivered quality solutions for top organizations in government, DoD, and civilian sectors. I posses a record of success analyzing operations, then designing and instituting PMO methodologies that work to improve efficiency and reduce costs. I possess expert skills in planning, monitoring, reporting, resource management, quality, and risk management. I have consistently delivered large scale projects over $1B on time and on budget.
My leadership style focuses on engaging team members to communicate, dynamically solve problems and deliver the highest quality solutions. I have led cross functional technical project teams with 160+ members and multi-million dollar budgets. I am currently seeking to assist your organization as IT Project Manager.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Co-authored proposal and bid for $49M performance based contract to implement a full scale IT service delivery operation in 120 days with very aggressive service level agreements (SLAs) for the Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security.
- Provided leadership and oversight for a complex $200M GSA GITGO program, in order to streamline networks, servers, and users under 49 separate contracts down to 1 contract and IT Service Desk, providing more cost efficient cradle to grave, 24X7 technology support for clients.
- Developed 150+ ITIL compliant Standard Operating Procedures incorporating restructuring of resources supporting national infrastructure computing systems.
As a detail oriented individual with a passion for excellence, I am adept at listening to clients’ needs, then analyzing and implementing the best designed solution. My unique background makes me a strong leader for major change projects. I have devoted my career to developing proven project and program management strategies in order to meet or exceed client expectations.
Please accept this letter and enclosed resume as an introduction to my skills and background. For a more detailed presentation of my offerings, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to schedule a conference. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.