IT Manager Cover Letter
IT Managers coordinate the use of computer systems and information technology in an organization. Essential responsibilities of an IT Manager include recruiting staff, evaluating data operations, implementing information technology systems, finding areas that need improvement, developing solutions, taking part in audits, ensuring information security, developing control structures, finding ways to increase cost effectiveness, and handling budgets.
A successful cover letter sample for IT Manager focuses on abilities and qualifications like:
- Information technology expertise
- Managerial skills
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Attention to details
- Data governance expertise
- Troubleshooting skills
- Time management
- Reporting skills
Below is provided a cover letter example mentioning similar qualities and experience required to an IT Manager.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Turnbull:
Upon review of your posting for an IT Manager, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As an experienced and driven professional with comprehensive expertise in directing the implementation of a wide variety of complex IT systems and solutions, I am confident that I would significantly contribute to the objectives of your company.
My career accomplishments consist of more than 17 years of experience implementing technology projects, developing product requirements, and analyzing support strategies and processes to facilitate improved operations and efficiency. My superior communication and problem-solving skills allow me to excel in driving teams through all facets of project life cycles and realizing improved efficiency and productivity.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Applying expertise in developing and managing multimillion-dollar projects and initiatives for major global corporations including Layman Bros., Chalkboard Industries, and Grizzly Design; designing support strategies and creating comprehensive technical solutions to drive business success.
- Managing teams in the planning and implementation of project plans, development strategies, business and risk analyses, budgeting and forecasting, UA testing, and resource allocation.
- Demonstrating deep proficiency in Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Providing essential consultative support and building key relationships through effective interpersonal, organizational, and leadership abilities.
- Earning a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, as well as the following professional certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP), Professional Scrum Master I, ITIL Foundation 2011 Professional, ISTQB Certified Testing Manager, and Certified Business Analyst.
With a proven track record of leading teams through installations and development cycles of IT systems and programs, I am positioned to immensely exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Martin J. Gomos