IT Executive Cover Letter
IT Executives coordinate the development, implementation and management of information technology in an organization. Common work duties of an IT Executive include selecting IT initiatives, ensuring the delivery of technology products, managing budgets, monitoring expenses, hiring and training staff, conducting employee appraisal, upgrading computer applications, liaising with external vendors, creating strategic goals, negotiating contracts with IT products and services providers, and finding ways to make IT operations more cost-effective.
A successful cover letter sample for IT Executive should demonstrate skills and qualifications like:
- Information technology expertise
- Managerial abilities
- Analytical thinking
- Decision making
- Attention to details
- Organization and planning
- Quality focus
- Time management
- Computer proficiency
Relevant IT Executive skills and abilities can be seen in the cover letter example displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Executive Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Bohler:
Upon learning of your search for a new IT Executive team member to come on board at Juniper Industries, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced senior-level IT manager with 20+ years of expertise providing executive technical leadership, development, integration, and governance to Fortune 500 companies, I am confident that I would make a significant impact on the objectives of your company.
My career accomplishments consist of outstanding experience in designing and implementing technology programs, developing product and service requirements, and analyzing strategies and processes to facilitate improved operations and efficiency. Furthermore, my superior communication and problem-solving skills allow me to excel in piloting staff through all facets of project life cycles and ensuring optimal client experiences.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Directing P&L, budgeting, strategic planning and development, vendor management, governance, and delivery while ensuring compliance with best practices and SLA requirements as IT Director for Prism Solutions.
- Applying expertise in developing and managing multimillion-dollar IT projects and initiatives for major corporations in cross-functional sectors including healthcare, manufacturing, and technology; designing support strategies and creating comprehensive solutions to drive business success.
- Spearheading teams comprising up to 50 staff members in the management of organizational plans, development strategies, business proposals, and contract negotiations.
- Providing essential consultative support and building key relationships through effective interpersonal, organizational, and leadership abilities.
- Earning an MBA with a concentration in Information Systems Management from Michigan State University.
With a proven track record of leading IT departments through installations and development cycles of systems and programs, I am positioned to vastly outperform your expectations for this role and substantially benefit Juniper Industries. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Josephine E. Mullins