Interpreter Cover Letter
Interpreters convert messages from source or original to target language. These professionals are found in the following settings: immigration tribunals, solicitor interviews, criminal justice proceedings, conferences, and business meetings. Typical duties of an Interpreter include: listening to speaker words, delivering the message in the target language, taking notes, performing research, doing paperwork, preparing vocabulary banks, and using microphones and other equipment.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Interpreters, the most sought-after skills for this job are:
- Excellent command of English and a foreign language
- A good memory
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Tact and diplomacy
- Fast thinking and attention to details
- Being able to handle unexpected situations
- Cultural sensitivity
- Knowledge of current affairs
- Computer competences
Those interested in an Interpreter career can check comparable job qualifications in the cover letter sample below.
For more information on what it takes to be an Interpreter, check out our more complete Interpreter Job Description.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Interpreter Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Burkett:
Upon review of your posting for an experienced Interpreter, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a skilled professional with more than 17 years of experience in providing real-time interpretation services, I feel confident of my ability to exceed your expectations for this role.
My background in successfully performing language-interpreting service prepares me to substantially impact your organization. With my solid history of providing accurate and reliable verbatim translations—along with my superior communication and analytical talents—I am ready to extend my record of excellence with your company.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Interpreting foreign languages as well as sign language as an interpreter within diverse sectors including academic environments, corporate meetings, and criminal justice proceedings.
- Ensuring the utmost accuracy and reliability to enable maximum understanding and clarity.
- Possessing fluency in numerous foreign languages—French, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, and Japanese—as well as distinction as a Certified ASL Interpreter.
- Organized and personable with an outstanding memory, excellent interpersonal skills, and a keen attention to detail.
With my proven expertise, combined with my dedication to my career, I am positioned to significantly benefit your team as your next interpreter. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Anthony P. Cooper