Intern Architect Cover Letter
Intern Architects support architects and designers with designing new structures and/or redesigning new buildings. Typical work activities include identifying architectural needs, drafting drawings by software or hand, performing research, presenting ideas, and supporting all facets of architectural projects. The ability to professionally and courteously communicate with clients is essential for this role.
Our collection of cover letters indicates the following skills and abilities to be of value:
- Modeling software
- Hand drafting
- Digital renderings and perspectives
- Team collaboration
- Client consultations
- Project planning and scope
- Creative concepts and solutions
- Codes and regulations
- Finish boards/presentation boards
A sample cover letter for an Intern Architect is below, mentioning comparable qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Intern Architect Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Marshall:
Upon reviewing your posting for an Intern Architect to join your firm, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With my avid interest and advanced education in architecture, along with my skills in team collaboration and project support, I am confident that I would significantly benefit your organization and acquire highly valuable experience in this capacity.
With a solid and far-reaching foundation in architecture and design—as well as my recent Master of Architecture degree obtained from New York University’s School of Architecture—my background has prepared me to excel in this role. Additionally, my organizational, communication, and leadership abilities position me ready to thrive in this challenging field. With this in mind, I am confident that I would make an excellent addition to your team and provide the assistance and creative insight that you are looking for.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- Contributed to complex architectural design projects throughout my academic studies, aiding in the design of single and multi-family residential, health, and commercial buildings valued at $4M+.
- Produced detailed, sophisticated construction and design drawings—both by hand and through software programs— for review by instructors, peers, designers, architects, engineers, and pending clients; creating finish boards and presentation boards to showcase design ideas and solicit feedback.
- Selected out of a group of my peers to serve as a Teaching Assistant for the Architecture History II class during graduate school at New York University’s School of Architecture.
- Participated in team-oriented projects and leading peers to project success while also excelling within more independent roles.
- Demonstrated comfort and fluency with various modeling software programs including Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp.
- Outstanding communication, organization, and project management talents.
With my previous excellent academic-based experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations as your next Intern Architect. I look forward to discussing this opportunity, and what I can offer you, in detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Irina W. Sciortino