Intelligence Analyst Cover Letter
Intelligence Analysts are employed by intelligence and security agencies to acquire and assess secret intelligence; some Intelligence Analysts work for private businesses and think thanks. Typical activities of an Intelligence Analyst are: identifying potential agents, locating targets, discussing intelligence requirements with clients, expanding their expertise in specific areas, and examining information from multiple sources. The information these experts provide is used to make policy decisions.
A well-written cover letter sample for Intelligence Analyst should focus on the following skills and abilities:
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent listening skills and observation spirit
- Reporting skills
- Organization and prioritization abilities
- Strong IT skills
- Being able to work under pressure and to make decisions fast
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to unexpected situations
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Foreign languages knowledge
- Studies in areas such as international relations, political science, or psychology
Candidates can check relevant qualifications in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Intelligence Analyst Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Martin:
Upon review of your posting for an Intelligence Analyst, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my experience in comprehensive research and analysis concerning complex and highly sensitive data, as well as my recent dual Master’s degree in political science and criminal sociology, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization.
From recruiting and training intelligence agents and compiling and analyzing information to meeting intelligence requirements and preparing detailed reports, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With a strong understanding of the intricacies of investigative analysis coupled with my secret security clearance credentials, my additional strengths in communication and team collaboration position me ready to thrive in this challenging position.
Highlights of my background include:
- Performing investigative research, organizing and assessing data, allocating resources, and generating statistical reports to propel resolution of both classified and non-classified security clearance cases.
- Interfacing with a variety of federal agencies and external organizations to request and acquire data; demonstrating expertise in written and verbal communication skills.
- Recruiting, training, assessing, and mentoring incoming intelligence personnel to facilitate swift acclimation and on-the-job readiness.
- Leveraging organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills to drive efficient and thorough projects within high pressure and continually evolving environments.
With my solid experience in intelligence research and analysis, coupled with my strong commitment to achieving success, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Vivian J. Hoover