Intake Coordinator Cover Letter
Intake Coordinators are employed by health care or correctional facilities and are responsible for overseeing intake operations. Daily activities of an Intake Coordinator are managing intake processes, adhering to legal requirements, completing reports, maintaining databases, reporting to supervisors, liaising with patient families, collecting patient information, answering to patient inquiries, taking part to team meetings, and collaborating with internal staff.
Abilities and qualifications listed on an Intake Coordinator cover letter sample include:
- Training in medical office management and data entry
- Organizational skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Effective communication
- Telephone etiquette
- Problem solving orientation
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer literacy
Below is provided a cover letter example showcasing comparable Intake Coordinator skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Intake Coordinator Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Fisher:
As an experienced and client-service-oriented professional, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting. With a broad knowledge base in patient intake, support, and service, I am prepared to excel as your next Intake Coordinator.
Through success in coordinating and assessing medical services and resources for a variety of patients—as well as providing overarching administrative and reception assistance—I am well versed in the nuances of the healthcare industry. I adeptly support individuals struggling with physical illnesses and/or disabilities each day, facilitating access to social and medical services appropriate to their needs while simultaneously ensuring an outstanding level of patient service. Additionally, my excellent communication and interpersonal skills are sure to make me an immediate asset in this role.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Evaluating individuals applying to the New Hampshire State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities, supporting them and their families in gaining access to necessary social services and support resources.
- Registering new patients into database systems, gathering and processing all required information while maintaining stringent compliance with HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines.
- Expertise in facilitating treatment and equipment referrals for Medicare and Medicaid patients to streamline processes, resulting in greater customer satisfaction.
- Serving as the first point of contact for clients seeking services, leveraging my friendly and personable nature to put anxious patients at ease and maximize satisfaction and comfort.
- Comprehensive knowledge in a variety of healthcare computer programs and documentation, including Microsoft Office; IDX; UB-92 & HCFA 1500; CIRS; Encoder Pro; and High Tech; strong familiarity with basic medical terminology.
Furthermore, my detail-oriented nature and ability to effectively collaborate with other team members offer additional skills essential to this position. I believe I would be a great asset to your team and look forward to hearing from you to discuss how I may contribute to your goals. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Lisa C. Sanders