Insurance Underwriter Cover Letter
Insurance Underwriters decide if applications for insurance covers should be accepted or not and under what terms and conditions. These professionals need to estimate how likely it is for a claim to be made and determine the risk of ensuring a potential customer. Typical duties of an Insurance Underwriter are processing and analyzing insurance proposals, calculating possible risks, deciding the wording of policies, determining premiums, using computer software to analyze statistical data, and making sure insurance products are attractive to customers.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Insurance Underwriter, essential skills and qualifications include:
- Knowledge of insurance products
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and persuasion
- Decision-making and sound judgment
- Good numeracy skills
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Customer service skills
- Computer competences
Below is provided an example cover letter highlighting comparable Insurance Underwriter abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Insurance Underwriter Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Braxton:
When I learned of Wrigley Financial’s need for a new Insurance Underwriter to join its team, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an experienced underwriter with expertise in performing credit and risk assessments and providing exceptional customer service, I am more than prepared to exceed your expectations for this role.
Over my 13-year career, I have gained comprehensive experience in evaluating and reviewing applications for automobile and life insurance and recommending acceptance or rejection based on assessed risks. My demonstrated success in communicating across departments and teams, as well as my superb time management and prioritization abilities, positions me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Proven talents in analyzing new and renewal applications to determine insurance risks and premiums; processing renewals, endorsements, and cancellation requests as necessary.
- Building and sustaining excellent relationships with brokers, agents, and customers.
- Comprehensive knowledge in a variety of insurance underwriting documents and terminology.
- Top-flight success in achieving business revenue goals while minimizing losses; have received multiple awards for my outstanding performance.
- Driven and goal-focused team collaboration and leadership, with the ability to train and motivate staff to perform at peak levels.
With my experience in handling all facets of insurance underwriting, combined with my inherent ability to provide superior customer service, I am ready to provide outstanding underwriting service within Wrigley Financial. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Ernest J. Reid