Instrument Technician Cover Letter
An instrument technician installs, monitors, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs various types of electronic, pneumatic, and mechanical instrumentation. Job duties for an instrument technician include reading and calibrating multivariable sensor devices, installing transmitters and tubing on pipelines, checking the case cart for missing supplies, pulling pick sheets for next-day cases, and working with high- and low-pressure gauges and valves.
If you’re interested in becoming an instrument technician, make sure you have the following skills highlighted in your cover letter:
- Mechanical engineering
- Manual dexterity
- Proficiency with diagnostic software
- Proficiency with power and welding tools
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of industry-specific machinery
- Creative thinking
- Problem-solving skills
Below is a sample instrument technician cover letter that highlights some of these skills and qualifications.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Bell:
After learning of your need for an instrument technician, I’m writing to submit my resume for consideration. As an instrument technician with four years of experience servicing and repairing equipment for Leotin Systems, and a degree in mechanical engineering technology, I have the skills and experience necessary to make an impact at your organization.
My professional experience includes using advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques to keep high-speed paper production and finishing equipment running. My role demands strong PLC, DCS, and process control competency, as well as prioritization and decision-making. Through this experience, I’ve acquired everything I need to be an asset to Qualitron Manufacturing.
Below are my most relevant accomplishments and qualifications:
- Serviced a vast array of technical equipment, devices, and controls. Utilized a wide variety of test equipment and tools to diagnose problems
- Provided courteous and competent service to personnel at many organizational levels. Demonstrated interpersonal skills with hourly, salary, and management staff
- Analyzed and assessed equipment for root cause failure determination
- Completed three-year instrumentation training as a requirement of merging crafts
- Led, coached, and participated in Rapid Action Teams for LSS safety initiatives
- Completed Rapid Lean Six Sigma yellow belt certification training
- Safely operated all power and welding tools
My ability to think creatively and my love for solving challenging technical problems makes me a great fit for this position at Qualitron Manufacturing. I look forward to hearing from you and discussing my qualifications in further detail.
Eamon D. McArthur