Instructor Cover Letter
Instructors work in educational settings such as colleges or schools. Common duties of an Instructor are teaching courses, preparing lessons, giving assignments to students, grading tests, helping students to prepare for exams, conducting research, collaborating with colleagues, monitoring student progress, and using digital technology to support the instruction process. A good Instructor should always update their knowledge of innovations in their field and engage in educational opportunities.
Employers select cover letters highlighting the following job requirements:
- Extensive knowledge in the candidate’s subject area
- Instruction skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Stamina and perseverance
- Being able to motivate students
- Computer competences
- Research skills
- Critical thinking
A cover letter sample showcasing comparable Instructor skills and qualifications is visible below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Instructor Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Olson:
Upon consideration of your posting for an experienced Instructor to join your faculty, I decided to submit my credentials for your review. As an accomplished and skilled professional with 12+ years of teaching experience, as well as an extensive background in training program development and leadership, I am confident in my ability to significantly contribute to the success of your school’s objectives for this position.
My experience includes instructing individuals in a wide variety of topics using engaging information delivery techniques to boost participant interest and data retention while facilitating optimal learning experiences. With my professional achievements in teaching, training, and presentation, combined with my communication and leadership talents, I am prepared to excel at motivating and inspiring students of all levels.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Developing and implementing effective and engaging instructional courses and programs to achieve top performance levels, involving strategic techniques to relate training concepts to “real world” practical applications.
- Performing comprehensive duties to facilitate class operations, including assigning homework projects, assigning tests and exams, grading papers, preparing learning materials and curriculum, and responding effectively to student inquiries and concerns.
- Engaging and encouraging classrooms comprising up to 75 students at a time to boost participation and information retention levels.
- Consistently earning top marks and scores on numerous student surveys.
With my proven track record of exceptional teaching and training accomplishments, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Darren M. Hinojos