Instructional Assistant Cover Letter
Instructional Assistants work in educational environments and are in charge for teaching-related duties. Examples of Instructional Assistant work activities are preparing materials for classes, serving meals and snacks to young students, cleaning tables and whiteboards, setting up electronic equipment, maintaining records, photocopying documents, scoring tests, answering to student inquiries, enforcing classroom rules, and supervising children during recreational activities.
A well-written cover letter sample for Instructional Assistant usually focuses on the following skills and abilities:
- Instructional skills
- Patience and stamina
- Being able to interact efficiently with young students
- The ability to follow instructions
- Supervisory skills
- An interest in motivating and encouraging students
- Classroom control
- Computer competences
Beneath is displayed a cover letter example highlighting comparable Instructional Assistant experience and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Instructional Assistant Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Instructional Assistant, check out our more complete Instructional Assistant Job Description.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Graham:
As a skilled and enthusiastic professional with experience serving as a successful elementary Instructional Assistant, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background, organizational talents, and ability to quickly connect with diverse students position me to significantly impact your school in this role.
My teaching assistance experience includes offering vital administrative and operational support to teachers, encompassing classroom organization, lesson/material/equipment preparation, classroom supplies management, and general student supervision. In addition, my communication, leadership, and team building skills have facilitated productive and efficient classrooms, leading to high rates of teacher satisfaction and optimal student experiences.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- Assisting in implementing plans and programs to encourage academic and functional skill development and attainment for students in grades 2-5.
- Communicating closely with teachers to identify needs and determine best next steps to efficiently and successfully meet their goals.
- Establishing student behavior and learning programs incorporating the use of behavior modification and crisis intervention.
- Providing both academic and physical support to students with special needs and/or disabilities within one-to-one or small-group settings.
- Excelling within multitasking environments while maintaining a focus on maximum organization and student enjoyment.
- Earning an Associate’s degree in Instructional Support & Coordination from Olympia College.
With my previous experience and my dedication to excellence, I am well prepared to thrive in this position at your school and exceed your expectations. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Ruby C. Jones