Industrial Engineer Cover Letter
Industrial Engineers devise complex integrated production systems, as well as strategies for eliminating waste in existing production systems. Work activities include conducting time and motion studies, Performing regular system maintenance, listening and applying feedback from those on the production line, communicating with senior management and developing plans of action for system malfunctions.
The following skills and qualifications are the most commonly listed in Industrial Engineer resumes.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in systems analysis and evaluation
- Proficiency in mathematics
- Complex problem solving skills
- Logic and reasoning
- Attention to detail
- Decision making skills
- Time management skills
Below is a sample Industrial Engineer cover letter that showcases some of these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Industrial Engineer Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Sawyer,
I am writing to express my interest the position of Industrial Engineer. My bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering and two years of experience maintaining and increasing the efficiency of production systems at Heights Engineering make me a great candidate for your organization.
My professional experience includes developing and maintaining the various moving parts of the production systems at Heights Engineering, which involved utilizing my wide range of mechanical aptitude. I think my experience and skill set makes me a great potential asset for Smithings Engineering.
Here are my top qualifications and accomplishments:
- Developed and Implemented system maintenance SOP
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering from Liberty University
- Conducted periodical time and motion studies to analyze system productivity
- Crafted system productivity reports and presented findings to decision makers
- Diagnosed and addressed the root cause of system irregularities
In addition to these qualifications, my keen attention to detail and strong time management skills are what I think sets me apart from other candidates. If you’re interested in discussing this opportunity further, then please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration.
Cesar A. Fussell