In House Counsel Cover Letter
In House Counsels are legal experts employed by corporations. Their role is to provide legal representation and to guide management in decision-making processes. Essential responsibilities of an In House Counsel are developing defense strategies, making sure the company complies with legal regulations, creating and implementing internal governance policies, using risk management methods, observing potential legal issues, drafting contracts and agreements, and updating their knowledge of legislation changes.
A well-written cover letter sample for In House Counsel should focus on the following skills and qualifications:
- Legal knowledge
- Counseling skills
- Analytical thinking
- Computer competences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional ethics and integrity
- Being able to work under pressure
Beneath is displayed an example cover letter for In House Counsel demonstrating similar abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive In House Counsel Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Gossage:
As a seasoned and dedicated lawyer with more than 13 years of strong experience managing corporate legal needs and requirements, I am well prepared to surpass your expectations. With this in mind, I invite Calypso Technology to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill the In House Counsel role.
My expertise lies in overseeing legal arbitration and mediation, contract negotiation and development, risk analysis and mitigation, and trial administration and corporate representation for reputable companies in the technology sector. My demonstrated specialty in intellectual property and securities—along with my achievement of my J.D. degree from Stanford University—positions me to make a significant and positive contribution to your company in this capacity.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Leading corporate regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, arbitration, due diligence, employment law, and legal contract administration for Bellwether Components and Dynamo Online while managing various functions within their technology, HR, and business services divisions.
- Advising C-level management on software and hardware licensing, support, maintenance, and general facilities issues.
- Managing intellectual property portfolios and successful intellectual property litigation.
- Skilfully managing outside counsel operating litigation, including employment and stockholder disputes.
- Drafting and negotiating customized agreements with vendors, partners, and customers.
- Demonstrating superior relationship management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
With my experience in corporate legal counselling and management, combined with my exceptional time management and analytical abilities, I am ready to provide outstanding legal guidance and service for Calypso Technology. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, with you in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Lauren A. Hildreth