ICU Nurse Cover Letter
ICU Nurses are in charge for providing acute care to patients with serious illnesses or injuries. This job is one of the most difficult because ICU Nurses need to respond to life-saving situations. Essential responsibilities for this role are admitting patients into the intensive care unit, determining medical issues, monitoring vital signs, cleaning wounds, administering medication, helping patients feel comfortable, teaching patients how to manage their condition, and maintaining nursing records.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for ICU Nurses, the most sought-after skills for this job are:
- Nursing expertise
- Medical teamwork
- Stamina and resilience
- Being able to work under pressure
- Decision-making and alertness
- Attention to details and observation spirit
- Bedside manners
- Emotional stability
- Effective communication
Below is provided a cover letter example displayed comparable ICU Nurse qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive ICU Nurse Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Bell:
As a skilled ICU Nurse with comprehensive experience providing medical services to a wide variety of patients within critical care environments, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting acute patient care will allow me to substantially assist Clearview Hospital’s Trauma Center in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My background includes more than 12 years of experience preparing and utilizing highly technical devices / equipment, monitoring patient progress, administering medications, and communicating with cross-functional medical teams to coordinate all aspects of patient care. Tracking patient vitals, maintaining detailed patient and procedure records, and providing overarching bedside nursing support are just a few of the many tasks I perform each day, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Excelling in my current position as a Surgical / Trauma ICU RN within a Level One Trauma Center—held for the past nine years—and providing high-quality patient care in alignment with organizational standards and legal regulations.
- Collaborating across diverse medical teams to formulate and implement integrated patient care plans; tracking patient progress and producing corresponding detailed reports.
- Developing individual patients’ health care goals utilizing a holistic approach aligned with both patient and family/caregiver needs.
- Achieving credentials as a Certified Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) and a Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN); earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
With my expertise in managing patient care and support within critical care units, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your hospital in this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Andrew A. Edmondson