Humanitarian Cover Letter
Humanitarians are responsible for helping victims of natural and manmade disasters, as well as citizens of war-torn countries. Typical work activities include coordinating and assigning work to volunteers, organizing training and orientation for volunteers and new employees, assessing the severity of emergency situations, collaborating with local emergency workers and managing budgets and resource allocation.
The following is a list of skills and accomplishments most commonly found on a Humanitarian cover letter.
- Master’s degree in a field like Medicine, Engineering, Sociology, or a similar field
- Extensive volunteer experience
- A willingness to help other people
- Organization and planning skills
- Ability to work in an uncomfortable and unconventional environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Ability to work under pressure
Below is a sample Humanitarian cover letter that highlights some of these skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Humanitarian Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Schneider.
Upon learning of your need for a Humanitarian worker, I am writing you to submit my resume for consideration. As a Humanitarian with 10 years of volunteer experience and a recent recipient of a Master’s degree in Sociology, I believe I have the education and experience necessary to succeed as a Humanitarian worker for your organization.
My professional experience includes 10 years of volunteering for organizations such as Habitat for Humanity. While this was not paid work, I think my experience has prepared me well for helping your organization achieve its goals.
Below are some of my achievements and qualifications.
- Earned Master’s degree in Sociology from Boston University
- Developed and implemented logistical plans for Habitat for Humanity construction projects
- Coordinated the efforts of architects, construction professionals and fellow volunteers on several projects
- Ordered construction supplies without going over budget
- Recruited and trained other volunteers
Although I may not have the experience other candidates have, I have an insatiable desire to help people, and I think that makes me a great candidate. If you would like to grant me an interview, then please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration.
Lawrence G. Skidmore