Housekeeping Manager Cover Letter
Housekeeping Managers are usually employed by the hospitality industry and are responsible for coordinating housekeeping staff. Essential job duties include hiring and training employees, ordering cleaning supplies, maintaining employee schedules, conducting employee appraisal programs, handling customer issues related to housekeeping, reporting to hotel managers, maintaining cleaning equipment, requesting repairs when necessary, and collaborating with maintenance staff.
A well-written cover letter sample for Housekeeping Manager usually mentions the following job qualifications:
- Housekeeping experience
- Managerial skills
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- Organization and planning
- Computer competences
- Attention to details
- Effective communication
Candidates for a Housekeeping Manager job can check relevant skills and experience in the cover letter sample provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Housekeeping Manager Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Weathers
When I learned of The Lighthouse Inn’s need for an experienced Housekeeping Manager, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume. As a dedicated and service-oriented professional with solid experience overseeing housekeeping staff in performing a full range of cleaning, tidying, and general housekeeping services, I am more than prepared to surpass your expectations for this role.
My background includes excellent experience planning, organizing, and supervising housekeeping team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction. From monitoring schedules and delegating tasks to ensuring a meticulous performance and handling disciplinary needs, I am adept at leading staff to provide top-notch service and maximum satisfaction. In addition, my excellent time-management skills—as well as my proven ability to move expediently and efficiently to complete jobs within or ahead of schedule—prepares me to make a significant impact on the success of your cleaning team.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Serving as Housekeeping Manager for the Windward Inn & Suites and the Downtown Finley Hotel, respectively, managing all housekeeping and laundry operations and supervising up to 27 staff at a time.
- Personally inspecting guest rooms to ensure first-rate cleanliness and presentation.
- Promoting comprehensive training for all staff in service attendant operations, cleaning procedures, and inventory/supply control.
- Driving stringent compliance with each hotel’s housekeeping standards and requirements, as well as with generally accepted industry guidelines.
- Recommending and implementing improved processes and products to maximize on-the-job efficiency and productivity.
- Excelling within physically demanding atmospheres while ensuring accurate completion of necessary tasks.
With my experience providing exceptional housekeeping team leadership and operational management, combined with my inherent interpersonal and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service for The Lighthouse Inn. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Noelle A. Rogers