Housekeeper Cover Letter
Housekeepers perform cleaning duties at a variety of facilities. Typical housekeeping activities are sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, cleaning restrooms, and polishing. Additional duties include inspecting rooms, operating and maintaining equipment, notifying managers of repair needs, replenishing cleaning supplies, and adhering to health and safety procedures. Housekeepers may occasionally be required to complete special cleaning projects.
A successful Housekeeper cover letter example should showcase the following qualifications:
- Previous cleaning experience
- Customer orientation
- Being able to work without supervision
- Time management and deadline sensitivity
- Physical fitness and stamina
- Effective communication
- Reliability and integrity
Below is provided a cover letter sample displaying comparable Housekeeper assets.
For more information on what it takes to be a Housekeeper, check out our more complete Housekeeper Job Description.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Housekeeper Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Headrick:
When I learned of SteamPower’s need for an experienced Housekeeper, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume. As a dedicated professional with solid experience performing a full range of cleaning, tidying, and general housekeeping services, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From communicating with customers and identifying their needs to ensuring a meticulous performance and excelling in both independent and team-oriented environments, I am adept at providing top-notch service and maximum satisfaction. My excellent problem-solving and time-management skills—as well as my proven ability to move expediently and efficiently to complete jobs within or ahead of schedule—prepares me to make a significant impact on your cleaning team in this position.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Performing a variety of housekeeping responsibilities—such as mopping, waxing/polishing, laundry, heavy vacuuming, and window washing—in various environments including residential homes and office buildings.
- Suggesting and implementing improved processes and products to maximize on-the-job efficiency and productivity.
- Excelling within physically demanding atmospheres while ensuring accurate completion of necessary tasks.
With my experience providing exceptional housekeeping service, combined with my inherent interpersonal and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.