Hotel Receptionist Cover Letter
Hotel Receptionists work in the hospitality industry and assist guests during their stay. Main duties of a Hotel Receptionist include: managing bookings, assigning rooms, completing procedures, handing out keys, delivering bills, collecting payments, answering to guest questions, solving customer complaints, passing messages to guests, and using computer software to book rooms. These employees working at the front desk of hotels handle payments through cash, credit cards, and checks.
A sample cover letter for Hotel Receptionist should showcase the following qualifications:
- Hotel management expertise
- Customer service orientation
- A professional appearance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer competences and knowledge of relevant software
- The ability to work in shifts
- Good numeracy skills
Beneath is presented a sample cover letter displaying similar Hotel Receptionist skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hotel Receptionist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Ramirez:
Upon learning of your posting for a Hotel Receptionist, I eagerly decided to submit my resume for your review. As a personable, efficient, and organized professional with comprehensive reception and general administrative support experience, along with exceptional interpersonal abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to The Merriweather Inn’s goals and objectives.
My background includes providing key support for both small- and high-volume hotels, including greeting guests, scheduling reservations, addressing and rectifying guest issues, and ensuring customer service excellence. From managing multi-line phone systems and handling customer payments to assigning guest rooms and liaising with cross-functional departments, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with peers and management teams, and encouraging effective communication and organizational procedures.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Performing diverse administrative responsibilities as a hotel receptionist—including scheduling, guest service, record maintenance, and billing—to ensure outstanding guest experiences.
- Providing consistently outstanding customer service, leading to high levels of referral and repeat business.
- Demonstrating a steadfast commitment to providing excellent support while streamlining operations and facilitating hotel success.
My skills in hotel reception position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Gabriel K. Smith