Hotel General Manager Cover Letter
Hotel General Managers oversee daily operations in a hospitality establishment, from budgeting to housekeeping. Duties of a Hotel General Manager depend on the size of the hotel, but usually include: developing financial and strategic plans, recruiting and training employees, adhering to industry regulations, communicating with suppliers, ensuring hotel security, assisting with events and conferences, greeting VIP guests, and managing work schedules for employees. The right person for this job should be able to handle the most difficult customer issues.
Employers select cover letters emphasizing the following skills and qualifications:
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Decision-making and fast thinking
- Business acumen
- Stamina and energy
- Knowledge of foreign languages
- Computer competences
- Good numeracy skills
- Customer service orientation
Beneath is visible a sample cover letter highlighting comparable Hotel General Manager assets.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hotel General Manager Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Lucas:
Upon review of your posting for a General Manager to assume leadership functions at the Harborview Inn & Suites, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As a highly experienced and motivated professional with more than 12 years of experience, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your goals in this role.
My background includes leading operations, teams, and processes to drive business and guest service success within highly regarded hotel establishments across the globe. From training and developing staff and overseeing profit and loss responsibilities to driving sales and marketing efforts and resolving customer issues and concerns, I excel at managing teams, propelling revenue enhancement, and stimulating maximum levels of guest service and satisfaction. With a clear sense of the bottom line merged with a dedication to corporate vision, I have consistently negotiated guest contracts and implemented marketing campaigns that have triggered increased occupancy and steady growth in average daily rate (ADR).
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing facility operations—including revenue management, negotiations, refurbishments / upgrades, budget administration, and staff recruitment and development—to optimize hotel performance for properties of up to 65 rooms and 4,500 square feet of meeting space.
- Significantly boosting multimillion-dollar annual revenues through effective sales and marketing techniques while driving outstanding guest satisfaction scores through staff training initiatives.
- Hiring, coaching, training, evaluating, and managing hotel personnel to ensure top performance levels and a commitment to facility excellence.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, customer-facing environments.
- Earning an Associate’s degree in Hospitality Management from Western Community College.
My skills in team and operational leadership within the hotel industry have been finely honed, and I am confident in my ability to make a substantial and positive impact at Harborview. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Norman M. Jones