Hotel Clerk Cover Letter
Hotel Clerks work at the front reception desks of hotels and provide comprehensive service and assistance to guests. Common work activities include checking guests in, issuing key cards, troubleshooting customer issues, aiding guests with luggage and/or reservations, recommending local restaurants and entertainment, processing payments, and ensuring a clean and presentable hotel facility. Strong skills in customer service, problem-solving, and leadership are assets in this role.
Cover letters for Hotel Clerks often mention the following skills and areas of strength:
- Guest reservations
- Check-in and check-out
- Payments, billing, and invoices
- Transportation, dining, and entertainment recommendations
- Facility maintenance and presentation
- Guest service excellence
- Team collaboration
- Staff training and mentoring
- Customer service
- Issue/conflict resolution
Please find a sample cover letter below noting comparable abilities and qualifications.
Dear Mr. McClure:
In my search for a new position that provides opportunities to leverage my skill set and background, I discovered your need for a Hotel Clerk at The Everson Inn & Suites and felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With seven years of excellent experience in the hospitality industry in front-desk positions with reputable hotel chains—as well as my commitment to team collaboration and outstanding customer service—I am confident that I could significantly benefit your establishment.
My experience in guest service and administrative operations has prepared me to excel in this role. In positions with Red Lion Hotel, Waves Inn & Suites, and Portage Row Inn, I have honed my abilities in the hospitality sector and am more than prepared to put these skills and qualifications to work for you. Furthermore, with a background incorporating such areas as reservations management, project coordination, and staff training, my additional strengths in communication and leadership position me to thrive in this capacity with The Everson Inn & Suites.
Highlights of my background include:
- Demonstrating proficiency in handling a breadth of hotel front-desk responsibilities, including guest check-in/check-out, payment collection/billing, guest message delivery, dining and shopping recommendations, and facility maintenance and presentation.
- Training and mentoring employees in hotel-specific protocol, customer service techniques, and computer programs.
- Maintaining a record of excellence in guest service, evidenced by guest feedback, survey scores, and recognition of Employee of the Month on multiple occasions.
- Possessing superior planning abilities, conflict resolution talents, and multitasking skills; interact effectively with diverse, multicultural customer base.
- Consistently displaying top-notch levels of courtesy, professionalism, and friendliness.
With my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success in the hospitality sector, coupled with my professional background and my transferable skill set, I could swiftly surpass your expectations and provide immeasurable contributions to The Everson Inn & Suites.
I look forward to discussing this opportunity in further detail, and I thank you for your consideration.
William B. Harris