Hotel Assistant Manager Cover Letter
Hotel assistant managers provide comprehensive support to managers of hospitality establishments in the areas of business operations, staff development and leadership, and guest service. Typical work activities include handling correspondence and communications, scheduling and training employees, evaluating performances, and ensuring seamless operational flow across multiple cross-functional departments. Strong time management, organization, and interpersonal skills are helpful in this role, as is a commitment to guest service excellence.
Successful cover letters for this position often mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Front desk operations
- Staff hiring, training, development, and supervision
- Work delegation and shift scheduling
- Sales and marketing techniques
- Report generation and analysis
- Budget maintenance
- Supply and inventory control
- Problem-solving and issue resolution
- Customer service and satisfaction
Below you’ll find a sample cover letter for a hotel assistant manager detailing comparable abilities and experience.
Dear Ms. Wilson:
Upon discovering your posting for a hotel assistant manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated professional with more than six years of experience supporting senior-level managers in the hospitality industry, I am prepared to significantly contribute to McIntosh Hotel’s goals in this role.
My background includes providing comprehensive administrative and operational support to drive business and guest service success at Prairie Hill Inn & Suites, an established business and resort hotel in St. Louis. From training new hires and delegating tasks to communicating directly with guests and ensuring top levels of customer service, I excel at managing teams, propelling revenue enhancement, and stimulating maximum levels of guest satisfaction. Furthermore, my outstanding communication, time management, and leadership abilities are sure to make me an asset to your team at McIntosh.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Assisting the manager of Prairie Hill Inn & Suites for the past six years, supporting day-to-day hotel operations and implementing strategies to improve the performance of the inn and staff and, consequently, enhance guest experiences
- Skillfully helping to manage and contain a $3.4M operating budget
- Liaising effectively between various departments – including housekeeping, front office, and food and beverage – to ensure the accomplishment of guest needs and requests
- Significantly boosting annual revenue through effective sales and marketing techniques while driving outstanding guest satisfaction scores through staff training initiatives
- Maintaining a strong and positive lobby presence, greeting and assisting guests and offering detailed information and recommendations to enhance their stays
- Coordinating facility operations – including revenue management, negotiations, refurbishments and upgrades, and staff recruitment and development – to optimize hotel performance
My skills in team and operational support within the hotel industry have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Julia R. Brown