Hostess Cover Letter
Hostesses are usually employed by restaurants and are in charge for greeting patrons. Typical duties of a Hostess include taking clients to their table, providing them with menus, assigning tables to waiters, keeping tracks of available tables, relaying orders to the kitchen, helping to organize events, maintaining the interior and exterior of the restaurant clean, and making sure orders are filled accurately. A good Hostess should also be able to build customer relationships and handle complaints.
Based on our selection of cover letter samples, essential skills for a Hostess are:
- A professional appearance
- A friendly and approachable personality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and observation spirit
- Customer service orientation
- Stamina and resilience to stress
- Being able to work in standing position for hours
- Problem-solving orientation
A cover letter example showcasing similar qualifications is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hostess Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Brown:
When I learned of your need for a new Hostess at PJ’s Ocean View Grill, I became eager to submit my resume for your consideration. As an enthusiastic, reliable, and personable professional with three years of experience in the hospitality/food-and-beverage sector, I am confident of my ability to substantially benefit your restaurant in this position.
My background in various customer service positions has prepared me to excel in this role with PJ’s. From greeting and seating guests and offering menus to accommodating special requests and ensuring table cleanliness, I have continually demonstrated a superior ability to achieve superb customer experiences. My additional strengths in communication and team collaboration will certainly render me an asset to your restaurant and allow me to thrive in this customer-oriented position.
Highlights of my background include:
- Excelling as in a hostess role for Chevy’s Bar & Grill in Baltimore, taking reservations, seating guests, addressing and accommodating customer requests, and helping to set up for private and special events.
- Developing a friendly rapport with customers to generate repeat business, while utilizing my professional, courteous, and genuine attitude to achieve a highly enjoyable atmosphere among my coworkers.
- Demonstrating motivational team building abilities, superior leadership talents, and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
With my previous experience in restaurant customer service, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to meeting with you in person and discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.