Hospital Social Worker Cover Letter
Hospital Social Workers help patients with the financial, social and psychological issues that arise as a result of a medical condition. Standard work activities include evaluating patients on a psychosocial level to determine mental conditions related to a medical condition, interviewing patients to determine their financial and social status, working with patients and family members to coordinate necessary medical services, providing counseling for both patients and family members and advocating for patients when necessary.
The following is a list of the skills and qualifications most commonly found on a Hospital Social Worker cover letter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (Master’s in Social Work preferred)
- Licensed for Social Work in state of application
- Knowledge of various diseases and how they affect a person’s emotional state
- Active listening skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Decision-making skills
- Organizational skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Positive and friendly demeanor
Below is a sample Hospital Social Worker cover letter that highlights some of these abilities and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hospital Social Worker Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Gonzalez,
I have recently learned of your hospital’s need for a Hospital Social Worker, and this information has inspired me to submit my resume for consideration. As a licensed Hospital Social Worker with seven years of experience going above and beyond to meet patient needs, I am certain I have the skills required to succeed at your hospital.
My professional experience includes interviewing patients with a compassionate ear to determine how their medical conditions affected their mental state and then working hard to coordinate services to help improve their conditions. I believe this experience will help me be a productive member of the team at Sunnyview Hospital.
The following is a list of my most relevant skills and accomplishments.
- Earned Master’s degree in Social Work from Boston University
- Licensed to practice Social Work in the state of Massachusetts
- Developed strong working relationship with several local providers of health services
- Advocated for patients under financial hardship to receive financial assistance for health services
- Conducted psychosocial evaluations of patients and co-created treatment plans based on said evaluation.
I have a genuine compassion for my patients and firmly believe the role of Hospital Social Worker is one which makes a huge impact in the lives of patients. I would love the opportunity to bring this passionate compassion to Sunnyview Hospital. If you are interested in giving me an interview, then please contact me as soon as you get a chance. Thank you for your consideration.
Adam P. Howard