Hospice Nurse Cover Letter
Hospice Nurses provide care for terminally ill patients. These registered nurses are responsible for improving quality of life in patients’ remaining days rather than trying to cure them. Examples of Hospice Nurse duties include administering medication, helping patients with daily activities, responding in case of emergency, observing patient needs, providing support and information to patient families, and encouraging patients to celebrate the life they have left.
A cover letter sample for Hospice Nurse should focus on the following skills and abilities:
- Nursing expertise
- Emotional stability
- Bedside manners and empathy
- Physical fitness and the ability to lift patients
- Effective communication
- Attention to details and good observational skills
- Critical thinking
Just beneath is provided a cover letter sample for Hospice Nurse showcasing similar qualification and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hospice Nurse Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Barnett:
As a skilled Hospice Nurse with extensive experience providing comprehensive care to critically ill patients in varying healthcare environments, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting end-of-life patient care allows me to substantially assist Rosewood Villa in meeting—and exceeding—its hospice care goals.
My background spans more than 14 years of experience in hospice care and services, encompassing tasks from assessing and monitoring patients’ pain and comfort levels to communicating regularly and thoroughly with physicians. With my compassionate nature and personable demeanor, I excel at managing the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of both patients and families as they journey through end-of-life challenges and issues. In addition, my advanced education in the field of hospice nursing is certain to render me an asset to your facility.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Delivering excellent palliative nursing support with the Cedar Woods Hospice Agency, providing overarching care across various settings including home care, assisted living, long-term care, and in-patient hospice care units.
- Serving as primary care nurse with responsibility for ongoing nursing assessment and implementation of individualized care plans for hospice patients.
- Communicating with physicians to provide pain management and comfort control measures consistent with symptoms and disease progression for each patient.
- Collaborating effectively across interdisciplinary teams comprising physicians, social workers, spiritual care coordinators, therapists, and personal care assistants—to ensure appropriate necessary care for both patients and family members.
- Educating family members on the dying process and following up after end of life to help them cope with their grief and obtain the appropriate resources and support.
- Achieving a reputation for providing superior and empathic care through the use of my outstanding interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills, while maintaining a keen focus on patients’ comfort and quality of life.
- Earning a Master’s degree in Hospice Nursing as well as a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from the University of Minnesota.
With my expertise in providing end-of-life nursing care, I am confident I can greatly contribute to your organization as your next Hospice Nurse. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Karissa W. Lee