Home Health Nurse Cover Letter
Home health nurses provide nursing care and treatment services to patients in their own homes, rather than in hospital or medical office settings. Their patients are often suffering from extended or serious illnesses, or are permanently disabled, making transportation to and from hospitals very difficult. A compassionate nature, expertise in diverse nursing tasks, and a commitment to outstanding patient care distinguish these nursing professionals, along with the ability to easily adapt to various environments and settings.
Cover letters for home health nurses often mention the following types of skills and qualifications:
- Patient assessment and treatment
- Detailed patient records and notes
- Medication administration
- Cross-functional provider care
- Referrals and recommendations
- Patient education and instruction
- Intravenous therapy
- Insurance claims support
- Equipment and apparatus assistance
- Personal care
An example of a solid cover letter for a home health nurse follows below, with relevant experience and credentials noted.
Dear Ms. Cotton:
With 11 years of experience providing exceptional patient care and treatment, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting for a home health nurse.
My expertise lies in providing exceptional patient service and compassionate care while facilitating treatment program success through effective needs assessments and strong clinical judgment abilities. Adept at coordinating multiple medical services to ensure the highest level of quality treatment, I excel at delivering in-home care while serving as a committed patient advocate to build solid and trusting patient relationships.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Providing 12-hour shifts of continuous nursing and personal care in patients’ homes as a home health nurse with Catalon Nursing & Medical Care
- Performing comprehensive evaluations and assessments necessary for patient treatment plan development and success; organizing provider care delivery, tracking patient progress, and generating detailed reports
- Administering medications, respiratory treatments, trach care, catheters, wound care, suctioning, and other treatment needs
- Collaborating with physicians and multiple clinical departments to ensure appropriate patient services and follow-up reviews
- Consistently demonstrating outstanding communication, interpersonal, and administrative management skills
- Earning a bachelor of nursing degree from the University of North Carolina
With my expertise in managing in-home care and treatment for a variety of patient types, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your team. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to meeting with you to discuss this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail.
Christa D. Garvin