History Teacher Cover Letter
History Teachers present historical events to students of different ages and encourage critical thinking aside from memorizing facts. Essential work responsibilities of a History Teacher are choosing material for class, presenting lectures, assigning work to students, grading papers, recording attendance, delivering presentations, answering to student inquiries, and completing other tasks as assigned by school managers.
Those interested in a History Teacher position should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Extensive knowledge of historical events
- Organization and planning
- Student assessment skills
- Classroom management
- Critical thinking
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Time management and punctuality
- Computer competences
Comparable History Teacher skills and abilities can be observed in the example cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive History Teacher Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Thies:
Upon learning of your search for a new History Teacher to join your faculty at Redford High School, I quickly decided to send my resume for your consideration. With my extensive background in teaching world history—complemented by my up-to-date teaching certification, my experience and enthusiasm for educating youth provides me with the drive and knowledge to significantly impact your school in this role.
Lesson planning, needs assessment, and mentally engaging educational techniques are just a few areas in which I have acquired experience and proven success. My commitment to fostering collaborative and exciting educational environments positions me to successfully encourage and develop productive, thoughtful, and accomplished students with open minds and broad understanding of the histories, political climates, and overall backgrounds of peoples and cultures from around the world.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Instructing high students in world history for the past 13 years at Middletown High School in Essex, New Jersey, creating and implementing innovative new methods—including hands-on projects and field trips—for topics to gain relevance to urban American students.
- Developing and administering exams, papers, and projects to evaluate student development, comprehension, and progression.
- Teaching modified curriculum to ESL students to elevate reading, writing, and language skills.
- Earning a Bachelor’s degree in History from the University of New Jersey and participating in extensive research and analysis experience; adept at designing and delivering visually engaging informational presentations.
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, communication, and time management abilities.
With my experience and credentials, I am more than prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your school and am certain to exceed your expectations as your new History Teacher. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Robert A. Harrison