HHA Cover Letter
HHAs or Home Health Aides are caregivers who assist ill or disabled clients in their homes. Typical work activities of a HHA include collaborating with medical staff, doing light housework, preparing and serving meals, helping with personal hygiene, assisting patients with physical therapy, reporting to families, updating patient care records, collecting specimens for tests, providing companionship, and giving first aid when needed.
Those interested in a HHA position should be able to demonstrate the following abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Home health aide experience
- Medical teamwork
- Knowledge of personal hygiene standards
- Bedside manners and a caring personality
- CPR certification
- Effective communication and good interpersonal skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
The cover letter sample provided below displays comparable skills and abilities required to a HHA.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive HHA Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. McCarty:
When I read your posting for a new HHA to join your team at Roots Home Nursing, I quickly decided to send you my resume for your review. With more than 14 years of strong experience providing comprehensive in-home patient care and support, I am confident in my ability to make a significant contribution to your patients in this capacity.
My expertise lies in providing compassionate nursing care and service to disabled and/or elderly patients within their homes. From administering medication and assisting with personal hygiene to running errands and handling light housekeeping duties, I excel at performing diverse responsibilities and tasks to facilitate patients’ medical progress and stabilization while improving their quality of life. Additionally, my professional demeanor and my superior interpersonal skills are certain to make me a popular and trusted care provider by my patients.
A few highlights of my experience include the following:
- Providing a range of support services—encompassing household chores, grooming and bathing, meal preparation, vital sign checks, and companionship—to disabled, cognitively impaired, and/or chronically ill patients in their homes,
- Moving patients in and out of beds, baths, and wheelchairs safely and comfortably.
- Maintaining detailed records of patient condition, progress, and/or problems; discussing observations with supervisors to ensure appropriate ongoing patient care.
- Ensuring each patient adheres to his or her own unique schedules, dietary restrictions, and exercise regimens, keeping track of each various patient’s needs throughout my rounds.
- Quickly building positive and trusting relationships with patients to encourage lively conversation, mental engagement, and a positive outlook.
- Consistently demonstrating outstanding communication, organization, and administrative skills.
With my solid experience providing general care and support for at-need patients in their homes, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your goals. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to discussing this opportunity, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Rosa J. Perrault