Help Desk Manager Cover Letter
Help desk managers oversee staff and general day-to-day operations for IT help desks. In addition to an extensive array of technical proficiencies, these professionals need to be adept at recruiting, training, scheduling, and leading staff members to ensure maximum efficiency, productivity, and customer service. Common work functions include assigning tasks, establishing staff schedules, tracking issue responses, and resolving complex technical incidents. Excellent communication, prioritization, and organization skills are essential in this position.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Staff hiring, coaching, training, and supervising
- Server and network administration
- Software and hardware updates and installations
- Troubleshooting, problem-solving, and issue resolution
- Escalated issue management
- User support, service, and satisfaction
- Customer service excellence
- Process and procedure development
- Records and ticket management
- Staff scheduling and workflow management
Below please find an example of a cover letter for a help desk manager demonstrating similar skills, experience, and qualifications.
Dear Mr. Grossman:
When I learned of your search for a new help desk manager, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my experience in IT help desk leadership and hands-on user support – as well as my demonstrated strengths in team collaboration and problem-solving – I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization.
With a broad range of computer and system proficiencies, my proven technical aptitude and my solid analytical abilities position me to thrive in this challenging role. Additionally, my current experience in IT administration and help desk management for Winchester Imaging has provided me with core strengths in technical needs analysis, server and network administration, and general IT support.
Highlights of my background include:
- Managing an 18-member help desk team for Winchester Imaging, holding full responsibility for all day-to-day help desk activities with an emphasis on customer service and full incident resolution
- Recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, and supervising help desk staff to ensure top performance levels and superior customer service
- Introducing new procedures to respond to various technical and security issues, increasing response time by 36%
- Responding to and resolving Level 1 support issues while also handling all escalated Level 2 and Level 3 support calls
- Rolling out a survey tool for all help desk users to monitor and continually improve help desk ratings and, consequently, customer satisfaction
- Keen aptitude for technology programs and solutions; proficient in a variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, Visual Basic, Dreamweaver, Track-It, Fireworks, and PL/SQL
- Earning an AAS in network administration and demonstrating polished communication, leadership, and organizational talents
With my experience in help desk management and user support, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to success, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Paul J. Smith