Healthcare Administrator Cover Letter
Healthcare Administrators are responsible for the smooth operation of a healthcare facility. Successful Healthcare Administrators should be able to predict potential issues and stay ahead of the curve. Essential responsibilities for this position include: implementing medical services, supervising medical staff, finding areas that need improvement, hiring new employees, overseeing supply records, monitoring staff scheduling, securing funds, and making sure patients benefit from a high standard of services.
A successful Healthcare Administrator cover letter sample should mention skills and qualities such as:
- Medical administration
- Knowledge of healthcare industry issues
- Managerial abilities
- Stamina and perseverance
- Computer competences
- Being able to work under pressure
- Attention to details
- Problem-solving orientation
Those interested in a Healthcare Administrator career can check relevant job assets in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Healthcare Administrator Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Melton:
Upon consideration of your posting for a Healthcare Administrator, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a highly accomplished, skilled, and patient-centric professional with comprehensive experience in health administration and direct medical care, as well as an upcoming Master of Health Care Administration degree, I would significantly contribute to the success of your organization’s objectives.
With 15+ years of experience overseeing exceptional patient services and support in busy healthcare facilities, I excel at communicating with cross-functional medical staff while facilitating optimal efficiency and accuracy. From recruiting staff and administering budgets to evaluating facility performance and implementing improved processes, my expertise is certain to make a vital contributor to the Glendale Heights Medical Center. Additionally, my superior strengths in staff training/leadership and general administrative and operational management will render me an immediate asset to your team.
I invite you to consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Excelling in 15+-year career with the U.S. Army as a Senior Medical Administrator, overseeing a 130-member medical team in providing support and services to all personnel covering 12K square miles in Southern Iraq and Kuwait
- Providing strategic vision, planning, and leadership while diagnosing gaps in healthcare and mitigating risk; ensuring medical service excellence in areas including occupational medicine, immunization, emergency treatment, disease prevention/treatment, infection control, routine care, and health promotion/protection.
- Developing, implementing, and leading process and procedure improvements to enhance efficiency, productivity, and patient experiences while measurably reducing expenses.
- Demonstrating superior communication, leadership, problem-solving, and organizational skills, as well as strong program management and team leadership/coordination talents.
- Earning consistent accolades for unparalleled dedication, judgment, and overall performance; continually ranking in the top performance category on performance reviews by managers.
Fully prepared to exceed your expectations for this position and substantially benefit the Glendale Heights Medical Center, I look forward to meeting with you to discuss how my qualifications position me to make an immediate and positive impact as your next Healthcare Administrator. Thank you for your consideration.
Laurence C. Sutherland