Hairstylist Cover Letter
Hair Stylists improve the appearance of clients’ hair using multiple techniques. This job is suitable for someone who has a good hand at using scissors and with excellent customer service skills. Typical duties of a Hair Stylist include: identifying client requirements, cutting hair, recommending hair treatments, shaping wigs, trimming facial hair, coloring and bleaching hair, waving or straightening hair, providing guidelines for clients who have had a new haircut, training new hair stylists, and collecting payments.
Essential job requirements included in a Hair Stylist cover letter include:
- Hair styling abilities
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to details
- Good communication and listening skills
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
Comparable Hair Stylist skills and abilities are visible in the sample cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hairstylist Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Rodriquez:
When I heard of your salon’s search for an experienced new Hair Stylist, I hastened to send along my resume for your review. With more than nine years of excellent experience serving as a stylist at Top Knotch Salon, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your salon in this role.
From identifying client requirements and recommending hair products to cutting and trimming hair and applying color/dye treatments, my expertise lies in performing all stylist tasks while actively listening to clients and ensuring outstanding levels of customer service and satisfaction. With my talent for consulting with clients and up-selling salon services, I am excited to put my knowledge and skills to work for your salon and improve your bottom line.
The following skills demonstrate my qualifications for this position:
- Maintaining a book of ~60 clients at Top Knotch; scheduling appointments, demonstrating and selling products, and offering advice to clients on techniques to achieve and maintain healthy hair.
- Performing comprehensive hair styling services, including cuts, color processing, blow outs, highlights, dyeing, and treatment application.
- Frequently requested by clients to style hair for special events including weddings.
- Building lasting relationships with customers through my comprehensive hair care and product knowledge and my warm, personable demeanor.
- Licensed Cosmetologist; extensive training in hair treatments, scalp diseases, shampooing techniques, color application, and safety/hygiene practices.
- Ensuring an inviting atmosphere within the salon to entice new business and maintain current client base.
I am eager to discuss what I can offer A Cut Above in this position. I am confident in my ability to provide outstanding styling services to new and existing customers; in fact, I am sure to enhance client satisfaction and exceed your expectations for this role.
Thank you for your consideration.
Brenda A. Moore