Hair Stylist Cover Letter
Hair Stylists provide hair care services in salons, beauty parlors, and barbershops. Typical work activities listed on a Hair Stylist resume include discussing requirements with customers, identifying hair care needs, recommending beauty treatments, cutting hair, performing scalp treatments, coloring and curling hair, and giving clients massages. An important part of their job is cleaning work stations as well as sanitizing equipment and tools.
Those interested in a Hair Stylist position should be able to showcase the following qualifications in their example cover letters:
- Cosmetology and hairstyling knowledge
- Customer service orientation
- People skills and good communication abilities
- Good listening skills
- Time management and multitasking
- Working under pressure
- Being able to work in a standing position
- Attention to details
- Knowledge of health standards
Similar Hair Stylist skills can be seen in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hair Stylist Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Foster:
Upon learning of Dee’s Salon & Spa’s posting for a new Hair Stylist, I was eager to submit my resume for your review. As a dedicated, service-oriented professional with more than seven years of experience, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your salon.
My expertise lies in actively listening to clients and providing an outstanding level of service to ensure maximum customer satisfaction, a generous repeat customer base, and ongoing revenue growth. With my talent for consulting with clients and up-selling salon services, I am excited to put my knowledge and skills to work for your salon and ensure optimal client experiences.
The following skills demonstrate my qualifications for this position:
- Personally maintaining a book of 65 clients; scheduling appointments, demonstrating and selling products, and educating customers on techniques to achieve and maintain healthy hair.
- Performing comprehensive hair styling services—including cuts, color processing, blow outs, highlights, dyeing, and treatment application—while also performing additional complementary services such as manicures, waxes, and facials.
- Fostering rewarding relationships with customers through my comprehensive hair care and product knowledge and my warm, personable demeanor.
- Keeping abreast of new and emerging style trends, and attending ongoing training classes and workshops to advance technique and knowledge.
- Collaborating with peers and management to generate a positive and productive environment.
I am confident in my ability to provide outstanding styling services to new and existing customers; in fact, I am sure to enhance client satisfaction and exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position further. Thank you for your consideration.