Guest Service Representative Cover Letter
A Guest Service Representative works in the hospitality industry and assists guests with a wide variety of tasks such as checking in, making reservations, recommending services, and managing records. A strict focus on customer service excellence is a requirement for success in this role, as well as the ability to accommodate, as best as possible, individual guest’s unique needs and requests.
Our compilation of sample cover letters for this position include mentions of skills and experience, such as:
- Proactive customer service
- Guest accommodations/services
- Front desk operations
- Administrative support
- Complaint/issue resolution
- Process improvement
An example of a cover letter for a Guest Service Representative follows below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Guest Service Representative Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Rutledge:
In my search for a new position that utilizes my customer service talents and my superior communication skills while simultaneously providing opportunities for growth, I discovered Red Rooster Inn’s opening for a Guest Service Representative and felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my strong interest and experience in the hospitality industry, as well as my commitment to guest service excellence, I would significantly benefit your establishment in this role.
My background includes excellent experience in customer-oriented roles and spans responsibilities including general day-to-day operations, front office/reception support, and administrative assistance. With proven talents in communication, time management, and complaint resolution, my additional strengths in collaboration and problem solving will enable me to thrive in this dynamic and customer-centric position.
Highlights of my background include:
- Excelling as a Front Desk Officer with The Daydream Inn & Suites for the past three years, performing duties including guest check-in/check-out, service recommendations, dining and activity reservations, and payment processing.
- Requesting, reviewing, and leveraging guest comment cards to implement new ideas and techniques and stimulate enhanced guest satisfaction and overall experiences.
- Achieving continually high guest review scores due to my commitment to guest service excellence.
- Awarded “Employee of the Month” on an unmatched seven different occasions for outstanding performance and job dedication.
With my enthusiasm and commitment to achieving success in the hospitality sector, coupled with my professional background and my transferable skill set, I could swiftly surpass your expectations and provide immeasurable contributions to Red Rooster Inn. I would appreciate the chance to discuss this position, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Christine J. Holston