Graphic Artist Cover Letter
Graphic Artists develop designs for a variety of media and products, such as books, magazines, websites, computer games, posters, product packages, and corporate identity. Before making design decisions, these professionals need to discuss requirements with clients and understand their needs. Other responsibilities of a Graphic Artist include collaborating with account managers, providing quotes for clients, producing new ideas, performing research, presenting concepts to clients, incorporating design elements, updating their knowledge of emerging technologies, commissioning photographers, and presenting finalized ideas.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples, the most sought-after skills for a Graphic Artist are:
- Artistic talent and creativity
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of computer-aided design
- Teamworking abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Being able to accept and understand criticism
- Deadline sensitivity
Below is provided a cover letter example highlighting similar Graphic Artist qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Graphic Artist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. White:
Conceptual innovation, a dedication to artistic excellence, and productive team collaboration and leadership are all essential elements to a successful career in graphic design. As a skilled and creative professional with 11 years of experience developing and executing a wide variety of successful design projects for clients across various industries, I am positioned to make a significant impact within your organization as your next Graphic Artist.
My background includes designing and implementing forward-thinking design projects and services for a variety of clients from industries spanning travel and hospitality to technology and publishing. With expertise in a broad range of design software applications, along with my ability to collaborate effectively with clients, peers, and senior management teams, I am confident that my talents and abilities will significantly benefit Universal Design.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Playing a key role across all phases of graphic design projects from concept through execution for a broad range of materials—including logos, product packages, advertisements, print collateral, and Web content—while ensuring the production of original items with maximum visual impact.
- Discussing client goals and objectives to determine project scope and direction; producing and presenting initial ideas and mock-ups and collaborating with peers to ensure full client satisfaction and approval before moving ahead with projects.
- Remaining up-to-date on current design industry trends and technical tools; leveraging innate passion for design to achieve success.
- Demonstrating proficiency in Adobe programs, Quark, Freehand, and the comprehensive Microsoft Office Suite.
- Earning a Bachelor of Arts in Creative Design from Milwaukee Art School in 2012.
With my keen ability to evolve and complete graphic design projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch design quality and production, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding service to Universal Design.
I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Annie H. Yoder