Grants Manager Cover Letter
Grants Managers oversee all facets of grant writing and procurement, usually for nonprofit organizations. In charge of programs funded by state or private organizations, they manage funding requests and grant writing tasks in accordance with grantor guidelines and program regulations. The ability to manage budgets and finances is required, and strengths in team building and leadership are also beneficial.
Our collection of resumes indicates the following abilities and qualifications are important to include:
- Grant proposals
- Program leadership/evaluation
- Data analysis
- Donor relations
- Relationship building/management
- Budget planning and administration
- Regulatory compliance
Find a sample cover letter for a Grants Manager below with comparable skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Grants Manager Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Wallace:
Upon review of your posting for a Grants Manager, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With my experience in overseeing grant writing, procurement and allocation for nonprofit organizations, as well as my ability to excel in both collaborative and self-starting environments, I am confident that I will significantly benefit your team at Slingshot Services.
From organizing audits and communicating with grantors to leading programs and ensuring compliance, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With 11+ years of solid experience championing and securing funding for both fledgling and established non-profits, my communication and time management talents position me ready to thrive in this challenging capacity. Furthermore, my outstanding leadership and management skills are certain to render me an immediate asset to Slingshot Services.
Highlights of my background include:
- Writing, submitting, and following up on grant proposals to drive funding for job-skills and quality-of-life programs for Cleveland’s homeless population as a Grants Writer and Supervisor with OhioWorks for the past eight years; previous experience in general program support and grant writing with Work It Ohio.
- Procuring approximately $1.3M in grant donations in just under two years through strong relationship building talents and donor prospecting skills.
- Developing and administering a $3M operating budget, maintaining detailed financial records relevant to grant management.
- Networking with community leaders and donors to expand program awareness and secure support for future endeavors.
- Facilitating the planning and execution of special fundraising events and initiatives; presenting funding information to the Board of Directors.
- Utilizing time management, interpersonal, and motivational skills to achieve peak results and organizational goals.
- Earning a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and completing a rigorous Certificate in Grant Writing program, both through the University of Ohio.
With my experience in leading comprehensive grant management responsibilities within the non-profit sector, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Gina D. Asbury